An end is always a new start… And here we are, saying goodbye to 2014 and waiting for the future to be revealed to us. Life is a continuous road with no turning back – still, we need to know where we have come from. The past confers us an identity. The road heads for our choices – but we should never let our ideals simply remain illusions. We should always dream high, without getting stuck in the chimeras. With a myriad of reflections, feelings, scenes, life is like a play. The essence lays in choosing our roles wisely.
Now is a good occasion to revise what this year offered us. There have been countless moments whose importance was left unnoticed. Lost in our thoughts, who can see the beauty of the sun rising in the morning? Still, without it there would be no light, no warmth, no brightness. Every moment spent with your dear ones, every new person you meet, every feeling that you experience, every landscape which came in front of your eyes, everything has a meaning far beyond their simple appearance – they show you the miracle of being alive and makes you part of this beautiful untold history that is written by the passing time.
How many stories does a year tell? Feelings fade away in time, ideals get lost, changes rise up and what seemed eternal once, became part of the past. We don’t need to get to the end of the year to seize every day of our story, because time never stops to review its everlasting journey.
Time that passed portrays what we are now: the pick from where new ideals are ready to fly high and brighten our future…
- This year enriched my Dreams of an Architect with 10 drawings, each of them having a particular significance and being dedicated to the dear ones.
4 of the hyperrealistic architectural drawings of 2014:
- The blog has reached over 45.000 pageviews until now and some of the most popular articles are Welcome to an Art World!, My first use of SketchUp and Taj Mahal – pencil drawing. Thank you very much for your support and, hoping that 2015 will be at least as fruitful as this year, you will be always welcome to check out Dreams of an Architect and ask for whatever you would like to read about in the future articles!
- 2014 also meant long hours dedicated to architecture, reading, writing and exploring different fields of study, that because diversity enlarges everyone’s perspective on life.
- I started a new blog, written in Romanian, on philosophical topics: Mosaic Filosofic.
- Personally, 2014 represented a chance to meet new people and to get closer to the ones that already made part of my life. I cannot be grateful enough for all this occasions. With every new person we meet, we discover a new universe, and, once we get to notice that, we all start being part of each other’s story.
- Travelling with my family to Rome and Rio de Janeiro offered me the chance to discover new cultures and to see life from different perspectives. New articles will come up with more detailed descriptions of these travel experiences.
Our eagerness sometimes makes us lose precious moments, that can only be brought back in memories afterwards. There is nothing worse than taking things for granted – from that moment, they will seem meaningless. We are always trying to see our ideals portrayed but never found them. Things are only symbols of the essence, and the true essence is found within our souls. Once we learn to appreciate what we have, everything gets a sense and ideas that seemed abstract before appear closer to our feelings.
We are like a colourful mosaic, in which every choice or thought shines differently. Swinging between enthusiasm for the future and nostalgic reflections, we sometimes miss the very essence of our existence: the present moment. Therefore, today should not mean the end of the year, nor a preparation for the next one, but just another day when we could be the best we can be – that leaves 24 hours at our choice. The difference between the special moments and the routine is only a matter of perception. There lays the key to any achievement.